Subject: FW: CEO letter – Request for postponement and meaningful revision of the Data Act
From: "Liisa-Ly Pakosta - JUSTDIGI" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2025 16:02:47 +0300

From: Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl (DIGITALEUROPE)
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2025 4:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; Alberto Di Felice (DIGITALEUROPE)
<[email-masked]>; Siofra Hendry (DIGITALEUROPE)
<[email-masked]>
Subject: CEO letter – Request for postponement and meaningful revision of
the Data Act

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Minister Pakosta,

We are writing to inform you of a new CEO letter addressed to the European
Commission (attached), co-signed by the CEOs of Siemens, SAP, Schneider
Electric, DATEV, Docplanner, DIGITALEUROPE, and national trade
associations from seven Member States.

The letter calls for a two-year postponement of the Data Act, ahead of a
thorough review under the Commission’s digital package. This complements
the growing momentum for a stop-the-clock on the AI Act, and reflects a
broader call to reassess key digital regulations that could otherwise
hinder competitiveness and innovation.

The world has changed dramatically in the last two three years; innovation
cycles have shortened from years to months, even weeks, and a global tech
race has begun. Parts of the rules that may have made sense five years ago
today risk holding Europe back in today’s global race for tech leadership.
Just as the Commission and Member States have shown political courage in
reassessing sustainability rules, a similarly ambitious review is now
needed for the digital framework, including both the AI Act and the Data
Act.

With a shared interest in strengthening the EU’s industrial and digital
resilience, we hope this message will be of use in your ongoing
reflections and dialogue with the Commission.

In parallel, we are preparing a high-level AI & Critical Tech Declaration
to be launched around the State of the Union in September, and we look
forward to your continued engagement. A ministerial dinner is also being
planned for 4 December, to review progress ahead of the digital package,
for which you’ll receive a separate invitation.

We remain at your disposal and would welcome any opportunity to discuss
further.

Yours sincerely,

Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl

 <http://bit.ly/2IdSIav22>

Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl

Director-General

 <http://bit.ly/2IdSIav22> DIGITALEUROPE | +45 42 15 90 49

Rue de la Science 37, B-1040 Brussels

EU Transparency Register: 64270747023-20